View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Thanks for response. I think I'll try those settings for the next season. I play with financials turned off, if that makes any difference.
That makes a lot of difference. With them turned off, there's no screwing them up!

I use 1984 league totals because I find it's a happy medium between deadball (think 1908, 1968), and bazookaball (think 1930, 2000), both of which make action sad. The offensive output is just right for my taste. 40 HR really means something (only 88 players have hit 40 in a season in 63 seasons so far - that's pretty good). Also, in the mid-eighties there was no shortage of stolen bases, so you get lots of those. I hate seeing league leaders hit around 10 HR, almost as much as I hate seeing league leaders hit 60-70. So far, only one guy has hit above 53 HR in a season (Mickey Mantle, who I hear was pretty good), who hit 63 one year. He set tons of records that year, and it was special because it stood out from the crowd. When they become routine, it loses it's uniqueness.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote