View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #6
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Not possible to edit.
Not exactly...

I looked into this myself last year(two years ago?), when they were missing MVPs in the Quickstart.

The award data is stored in the world.dat file via player number(the number you see in the player editor at the very top). BACKUP your world.dat file first, in case you mess this up. But you can search for in order the MVP, Cy Young, and RotY winners. Then you can just edit in the playerid you want. You can change all the awards this way, Silver Slugger, Gold Glove, etc. Requires a hex editor obviously.

I looked into it this year because of this post, and there's a wrinkle with the icons. You can still edit the world.dat file, and all the history will reflect the new MVP, but the player icons won't change, neither will the player history. Using the in-game player editor seems to be purely cosmetic. I'd have to look in how those icons and player history get applied, and I never bothered to look because all this was fixed for the Quickstart this year. It's probably sitting in player.dat, but editing that data requires a whole bunch of editing that's too much to get into.
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote