View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #1
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Usage shows that 65% play modern MLB, 25% fictional & 10% historical

Post from Markus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
By the way, our usage tracker reveals that 65% of of OOTP users play the modern day MLB standard game, 25% fictional, and 10% historical.
These percentages were said to be "games created."

This is kind of surprising to me. Although I knew modern day MLB has the most appeal to the casual user, I still thought the number wouldn't be THAT high.

Take this poll for instance: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...game-mode.html

We learned here that fictional mode seemed to be the favorite for users on this forum, with standard MLB coming in 2nd. I know this poll wasn't the "be all end all" as it only polled 250 forum members, but I still think it gave us a general idea of what forum members play.

I think what we're seeing is that modern MLB brings in the most revenue for OOTP as that is what appeals the most to the casual gamer and baseball fan. This isn't to say that the more hardcore guys don't also play MLB, but I think the reason that it is so high is that for the majority of the players who are new to OOTP, the reason they are purchasing the game is so they can GM their favorite MLB team.

Fictional, and historical for that matter, are probably more popular with the more hardcore OOTP players and the players who have been with OOTP developments for the long haul. A good chunk of the forum folk fall under this category.

So, my question to you guys is..Do these results surprise you? What mode(s) do YOU personally plan on playing with OOTP 17?

I hope Markus and co will keep finding ways to appeal to all OOTP players and continue giving love to all the different game modes.

What you say, OOTP buds?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote