View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
moore4807
All Star Starter

Coaches continued -

Bryan McCabe - 38 y/o former NHL blueliner (like his counterpart Gord Murphy) Bryan is slightly less proficient with the rearguards (13) but better with prospects (13) than Coach Murphy. Coach McCabe has a good reputation but is merely average at evaluation and below average at potential evaluation.
Again all of the coaches come at a bargain price (>$150K) so upgrading the position is a consideration, but not vital at this point.

Robb Tallas - 40 y/o goalie coach with a good reputation and good goalie coaching skills (14). However in a familiar refrain his player management skills are average, as is his evaluation skills. Coach Tallas' potential evaluation skills are also below average. I would most likely make a change here as I know the Panthers have good young goaltenders (Markstrom) and maximizing his progress is a priority for me.

There is one other alternative as I am allowed to hire five assistant coaches. I have sometimes found obscure and odd foreign born coaches who have outrageously good ratings, to hire them as the fifth coach invariably brings bad reputation ratings but awesome skills or evaluation ratings. Its a crapshoot but one avenue to consider for upgrading the coaching corps.
Attached Images
Image Image 
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote