Thread: Acunamatata
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 08:52 PM   #57
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
If a manager loses on purpose for any reason he/she is tanking. If the person does not dance with the ones that brung him/her or better to the current level, he/she is tanking to lose. Higher leagues are no place to start dismantling a team. By not playing the team that got the person as high as they are and allowing some teams a smorgasbord of PP, the person is cheating everybody else. I thought Matt was pretty clear.
Even this is not clear. One interpretation is that a team would be required to obtain a new card prior to replacing an old card, and that selling a card to get the points to eventually upgrade is not allowed. I doubt this is meant to be an example, but it is a textbook example of not dancing with the ones that brought me and dismantling a team partially to make alterations that are hopefully (though not guaranteed to be) an improvement.

Also, there's the problematic fact that the devs themselves have said on these very forums that losing on purpose is acceptable under certain conditions. Some example strategies they cited as appropriate included playing cards out of position to gain defensive experience, though they did not say if there was a limit to what was acceptable (such as the extreme example of the all-catcher team).

The standards we have are neither clear nor consistent. The creates more, not less, work for those actively investigating reported cheating, while also exposing them to criticism centered on arbitrary enforcement of rules. Our dev team deserves better.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 01-29-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote