View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #54
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
While it's great that there's this new addition to the game, which will benefit FOF9 as well, I'm surprised no one has mentioned disappointment in some of Jim's language which seems to indicate the release of the new game is not at all imminent.

The original target release date was broadly "2018" and maybe that's still attainable, but it certainly seems from the "we aren't on the cusp of releasing this product" line that the game will end up being a 2019 release.

Obviously waiting a little longer is not the end of the world, but it's too bad things have taken longer than expected. In the end though I'll be happy when there's a good game released.

Glad I'm not alone in my thoughts. I haven't posted because people are excited and didn't want to be a Debbie downer but since you brought it up. This is awful news for fans of OOTP and it's venture into football.

Best case were looking at 2019 season for a release... I won't say the worst case but you've touched on it, and it's even worse considering this forum is going to load to FOF8 sales..

I am shocked that OOTP allowed this unless there is something behind the scenes that they get a cut of sales, such I'd expect there is. Congrats to those who enjoy FOF8 but I can't bring myself to play a game with a Windows 95 interface and this news sucks for us in that camp because were a lot further away than we thought... and given the history of the project at this point ill be surprised if we see a game in 2019.

Looks like more agree which is nice to read, it's sad because Jim and OOTP have amazing potential together but I feel the stubbornness is gong to lead to the project being cancelled for good. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by drewst18; 10-24-2018 at 10:39 PM.