View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 06:48 PM   #65
Thoreau76
Minors (Single A)

To the Devs

We're all trying to get you guys to answer this "Merchandising" question if you are browsing some threads. No one seems to know where it comes from but there have been a couple of solid tested ideas. If you get a chance please answer that thread!

Also, here's my suggestion for Merchandising that I posted there, and how I think it should be changed:

I would love to see some type of system where "Merchandising" is based off retention of star players. If a star player stays with your team for X number of years, then you get a lot more merchandising money. It would help those low markets that have star players and want to keep them, and it would help teams from making 300 trades every year shuffling around the top talent.

I know what people are going to say - that's a crappy idea because the whole idea of this is to be ABLE to trade star players, but here's an example - I'm a huge hockey fan. Paying 150 bucks for a jersey is very very expensive for me and I don't have money to throw around. I'm a lot more inclined to spend money on a jersey of a guy that I KNOW is solid and is going to be around for a while. And if he gets traded, I honestly would not prefer to make another investment into a hockey jersey for some time until another star guy has emerged and is going to stick around.
Thoreau76 is offline   Reply With Quote