View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I never said you didn't know about fighting, but those guys you just mentioned all could PLAY hockey.
Guys like Schultz, Gillies, McSorely, Semenko were there for one reason and one reason only - to beat people up when they went near a Gretzky or a Bossy or a MacLeish/Leach type player - they couldn't play hockey, they played hackey. Sure, they racked up some points. Put me on a line with Gretzky and I'll rack up points too, even though I don't have anywhere near the skill level to play in the NHL. We can just agree to disagree on that issue.

Quote:
Players like Matt Cooke, Sean Avery, Patrick Kaleta's are far better to have for the game....right?
Nope, I wish those guys were gone from the game too.

Quote:
Sure they too could play but its damned embarrassing to watch them dive, flop, embellish, turtle, whine to the refs constantly all the while hiding behind the rules of the new nhl.

I do agree that certain hockey aspects would take obviously take priority but still when you say the actual "hockey" and in quotes my interpretation is that you're implying fighting is not part of hockey....and it is. Just like a big hit, a good fight can change momentum of a game, yes not all the time like the op says but on some occasions it would. Now how to determine that for a hockey sim i could see as being challenging.
I didn't say fighting isn't part of hockey. I did say that I enjoy a good fight just as much as the next guy.

Quote:
Fighting is a sensitive issue with me in hockey Damn NHL won't decide fully if they want it or not in their league...anyways all a conversation for another place i suppose.
Agree with you completely on that.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote