View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbat View Post
Could you please explain (in words of very few syllables) what settings are involved in the team exports of an 'official' league, if and how they are communicated to the members of the league, and whether said members need to do anything to ensure that they are able to upload exports.

I ask because I did attempt to make our league 'official' and found that members were unable to upload their exports. My suspicion is that this is because the ftp destination file is directly converted to an html url which does not work because the internal reference to ftp server addresses is not directly translatable. The target ftp address in my own case is simply /lgexports whereas the html reference is www.domain.com/game/lgexports. If the conversion gives www.domain.com/lgexports then that address simply doesn't exist.

I have now returned the league to old style settings in the absence of any way to make being official work.

Brokenbat,

When a league is converted to OOOL, exports are handled via http directly with the OOOL server. The exports are no longer placed on your ftp server at all.

In an OOOL league, the following communications take place for it to work:

League File Uploads: Placed on your server via FTP
League File Downloads for GMs: Pulled from your server via HTTP
Team exports for GMs: Sent to OOOL server via HTTP
Team imports: Pulled from OOOL server via HTTP.

I can't comment on why your league couldn't export and would have to look at it personally to have a better idea probably.