View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Inaugural Class

I don't have time to do typical write-ups in one sitting, at the moment, but I wanted to get started. I will start the hitters thread be updating it over the course of the evening.

I wrestled with how to handle the Inaugural class. More specifically, I wrestled with when to begin doing the entries based on the previous entrants.

I thought about doing them once 5 players entered, as the case was for the previous HOF. I thought of waiting until I had 2 pitchers and 2 hitters.

I decided to do the Inaugural class as I had been, but with however many entrants were generated through the ratio dice rolls.

I then wrestled with the idea of whether or not to give FBS to players that the software had inducted and make them part of the Inaugural class, also. I have decided not to do that. The Inaugural class enters the same way the earlier HOF ICs entered.

For hitters, the highest retired career hit leader and HR leader would get in and then either the hghest VORP/WAR retired player, or a player from another leaderboard category. The V/W and leaderboard selections will alternate throughout the run, as they did previously. For pitchers the first entries would be the W and K leaders.

I selected the hitters and pitchers in the order of the die rolls. The first two rolls resulted in hitters, the third a pitcher and the last another hitter.

The entrants are:

Hank Aaron
Mickey Mantle
Toad Ramsey
George Sisler

Appropriately, Aaron is the first entry, as he will be the first HOFers alphabetically throughout the run (if not, THAT will be news). He also may wind up being the youngest player to enter the HOF, as he retired following the 2032 season. Waiting periods following retirement will be introduced, as they were in RL, but now, there is not one.

Aaron is the career leader in both hits and HRs, so a coin flip was done and the next entrant was based on VORP/WAR ranking. That player was Mantle, who iis second to Aaron on both lists.

With one pitcher, it would be determined by either W or K leader amongst the retired. These categories were led by two different players. Tossed a coin and it was the K leader, Toad Ramsey, that gets the IC entry.

For the final hitter I went to the other categories of the leaderboard. There were four different categories that had leaders who were eligible for induction. All four were led by different players. Tossed the virtua four-sided die and it came up for Batting Average. George Sisler is the career leader there, and he gets in, and rounds out the class of 2034, the first.

More detailed player entries will follow.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 06-06-2013 at 10:20 PM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote