Thread: ABA financials
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
The salary range sounds ok, as do the ticket and attendance numbers, though I do not have my spreadsheet with me. The owner is supposed to come up with cash from time to time. Is he?
How does this one work? Does it go through the usual creation, so everytime you start everything is a little different, or is it set in stone and starts the same every time you play?

The first thing I notice is that salaries immediately outrun revenue. Which means every team immediately goes in the red. For instance, only 2 teams started with cash at all, every team started off with a budget equal to their revenue (basically) which doesn't happen in fictional setups... and every team went way over their budget in the first year. Overall teams expenses sum to 47 million, while they only brought in 41 million in revenue.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote