View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 04:01 AM   #59
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
What you call floorscraping has often crossed my mind as a viable means to build up points with minimal risk over time. This is how my primary collection team has amassed a surprising amount of its live cards even...

However, the biggest reason I never went for this strategy (aside from time) is that my computer would melt from the continual restarts this game and its memory leaks would force upon me. The market itself isn't an issue, but the interactive roster page... Well, let's just say it doesn't stay interactive for as long as I'd like
I have no doubt that this is a viable strategy for some people, and the zero risk aspect really is compelling. But I'm with you on the slowdown. I don't have nearly as many cards as some people, but when I first started playing, auction and roster stuff was lightning quick. Now, it takes 5–10 seconds to cancel an auction. I hope they prioritize optimizing the game for those with many cards, because it's been another deterrent to me having a lot of listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Holy cow. That’s awesome. Do you play Hearthstone? For Wow there are auction mods which really help making gold. Too bad they don’t have that for this game.
Thanks! I played Hearthstone actively from late in the beta until Kobolds and Catacombs or so. Loved the game. I played mostly Rogue (which I also played in WoW) and some Shaman. I still pop in every so often to play the single player stuff. I've really liked what they've done since and including Dungeon Run. I also still watch Kripp streams from time to time. I assume you play? What do you like?

If this game had TradeSkillMaster, you'd all be doomed, just saying What I did in WoW was arguably more absurd than what I've done here. I basically took over and monopolized the jewelcrafting industry on my server (as Alliance on a Horde-dominated PvP server), and I farmed all my materials and recipes as well. I played the margins a lot more there. My chief market rival had a meltdown where he told me he was an army vet who was going to find out where I lived and beat me. That's when I really knew I had won