View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:52 AM   #41
CeeBod
Bat Boy

Thanks for the interesting read, which I stumbled across while looking for the answer to a completely different question, as is usually the way!

I actually have a similar example where I went the other way in my current game: Tommy Thorpe a 1-star pitcher I had as roster filler at AAA suddenly had a breakthrough in his age 28 season and magically transformed into a 5-star ace with unhittable stuff and 5 good pitches (including a maxxed out change up) but his movement was poor.

I called him up and in the 2021 season he set the team record for striking out 15 in a game, but he was tagged for big home runs often enough that I felt like I wasn't getting the production that you'd expect from a guy that every scout thought was an ace, so I traded him away part way through the 2022 season for 2 good pitching prospects (one of whom became an excellent mid-rotation guy) a middle infielder I flipped for other prospects and a long-shot that didn't amount to anything - so I feel like I got decent value from the trade.

Here's the player I traded away some time later, and based on him having a career ERA+ of 93, a career ERA of 4.80, and leading the league twice in HRs given up, I feel like I made the right choice!

CeeBod is offline   Reply With Quote