View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #88
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohorns98 View Post
I understand the value of making the stadiums more generic, and may be a project for me in the future. I am not as creative as others, and "need" the realism of using actual locations and teams. It is just the way I play, and why I started this project.

I will say that it is possible to edit the textures that are specific by changing the texture images in the individual stadium's texture folder. As long as you keep the image the same size and name it should show up in the game with a new image. For example, you could take an image named "dugout.png" that says "Texas A&M" change it to an image of the same dimensions that is only Maroon. Then in the game it should just be a maroon top of the dugout instead of saying "Texas A&M."

I have not done this too much myself, but it is a way that someone could take a specific team's stadium, and make it generic (or even specific for a fictional team).

I can confirm that I do that all the time with simple things like the color of the outfield walls, the backdrops behind the walls. You can even take signage out by simply deleting the file. It's easy to do with a simple program like paint.net. Simply open up the corresponding texture, then tweak to your hearts content.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote