Thread: MLB 2019 thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 04:52 AM   #509
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Putting my hot air where my mouth is, I'd be tempted to bring him out for the ninth! He's a starter; he's got it in him, and he's going strong. I would at least let him give up a hit or a walk, then pull him and go with Doolittle. Even if the hit is a homer, the Nats still have the lead.

EDIT: Woof. I think it may be moot now.
Love the conversation about pitcher usage. My question for everyone is if it even matters? I will say what I'm about to type is not based on any statistical evidence since I haven't bothered to look. I have seen the numbers of the pitcher vs. the 3rd time through the lineup enough on MLB network to know that pitchers are less effective. I'm not questioning the validity of that. However, I can't seem to remember seeing how going to the bullpen in these situations has drastically improved a teams chances of winning? Maybe they have, like I said, I have not looked it up. But I will say that scoring across the league is not down. If this was so effective wouldn't we see more low scoring games? So my question is are mangers being forced into a action of futility? I sure felt that was how the Astros played it last night. Congrats to the Nats though, they should have been bounced from the playoffs in each round but they never quit. Playoffs on the whole were a great watch this year. Albeit a great super annoyingly late watch, but great all the same.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812

Last edited by Hrycaj; 10-31-2019 at 04:53 AM.
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote