View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #13
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

We probably need an option to disable the Hook settings being adjusted automatically. I just let the game determine the hook every season. The Hook doesn't serve any purpose in historical games as we have the starting pitcher LTM there to adjust IP by SP's. In fact you will notice that these two things are often going in the opposite direction. The LTM for SP's will be going lower each year while the Hook for SP's will be at +5. So the game wants to both reduce the SP innings with the LTM and try to keep the SP's in the game longer with the Hook setting. What this does is cause us to miss the correct distribution of SP innings and RP innings in any given season. With my suggested settings I believe you will get as close as you can the way the game currently is. Before the Hook settings were introduced it was possible to get IP per Game Started to 99% accuracy, or about a tenth of an out. Now you will sometimes miss by about 2 outs. If SP's throw 2 more outs per game on average over 154 games, that's over 300 outs, which is taking away over 100 IP from the RP's.

The best results I am getting have the Stamina correlated with the rotation size. 2 = Very High, 3 = High, 4 = Normal, 5 = Low. If you go with Normal and a 5-man rotation the SP's will throw too many innings because of the issue with the Hook and the LTM as I mentioned.

Before the season begins, the game will calculated the Modifiers for the season and set the Hook. This is what happens if you play until Opening Day. At that point you can then go in and reset the Hook to 0 for the season. This is something I need to test as well.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote