View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Paquette View Post
Over the years I notice that I am still stuck with a little problem. I can not figure out how to make sure all teams play 2 or 3 series in a row at home and on the road. I always end up with bunch of teams playing one series at home and one series on the road for a stretch of 6 or more series... that bugs me.
The average length of home stands and road trips is smaller now than it was in earlier seasons, and especially so compared to the 16-team MLB years. To avoid a lot of short stands, perhaps being willing to let a team or two have the occasional longer stand will ameliorate the issue.

It should be noted the modern MLB schedule is created by specialized software (here's the website of the company; it also does the NFL schedule), which allows thousands of schedules to be created, involving many requested parameters, and the leagues can then choose the one output which they feel is best. Obviously, if you're doing it by hand, starting over after hitting an output that isn't optimal is a much more time-consuming effort.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote