View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 PM   #236
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 29th, 1986

Today the Cardinals are pitching Danny Cox (2-1, 3.86).
The Giants are sign with Mark Grant (0-0, 2.70).

I have gone 4 for 10 vs Cox!

The Cards struck first when Bruce Bochte scored on an Andy Van Slyke sac fly in the 1st.

Cardinals lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Oddibe McDowell in deep centre.

Bad news in the 3rd. Mark Grant came off the field after the third out complaining about a sore elbow.

Frank Williams took over for Mark in the 4th.
I got the 1st out for him, handling a Mark Salas grounder. I then did the same to Tom Herr for the 2nd out.

I led off the bottom of the 4th by grounding out to Terry Pendleton at 3rd.
We tied it up when Robby Thompson manufactured a run. He started with a single and then stole 2nd AND 3rd before scoring on a Chili Davis groundout.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 6th with two out and I worked a four pitch walk. Next came stolen base #16. I was left there.

Mark Davis relieved for us in the 7th. I got the 2nd out for him, handling a Jose Uribe grounder.

In the bottom half we got the lead when Chili scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 2-1.

The Cards tied it back up in the 8th when Van Slyke tripled home Vince Coleman.

Game tied 2-2.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and I legged out an infield single. Next came stolen base #17. Once again, I got no further.

Scott Garrelts took the ball for us in the 9th. Neither team could score and we went to extras.

Scott got the first two outs in the 10th before leaving for Jeff Robinson. It was a double switch with Robby leaving for Brad Wellman.

I came up in the 10th with two out and Bob Brenly on 3rd. Todd Worrell was pitching.
He struck me out.

In the 11th we turned a nice Rabb - Priske - Mazzilli double play to get Pendleton and Salas to end the inning.

Jeff was lifted for a pinch hitter, to no avail, so Pat Perry came in to pitch in the 12th.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and the bases loaded - Brown on 3rd, repping the winning run. Greg Minton was pitching. I grounded to Pendelton at 3rd, who got Chris at home, giving me a fielder's choice. We couldn't score and the game continues.

In the 14th Willie Fraser took on pitching duties for us.

In the bottom half I got another chance to win it. Men on 1st and 3rd, with Steve Stanicek reaping the winning run, One out and Terry each on the mound. I grounded out to Pendleton again. Steve had to hold and Lee Mazzili moved up to 2nd. We missed another chance.

I got the 1st out in the 15th, catching a pop up by Kelly Paris.

And then... FINALLY... Steve Stanicek singled with the base loaded in the bottom of the 15th for the walk-off, 3-2 win!

That is seven wins in a row.

I went 1 for 6 and really folded in the clutch. I stole two bags.

Both the Dodgers and Reds lost so we are now tied with the Reds, one game behind L.A.

No word on Mark Grant.

Tomorrow the Pirates are in town.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 03-17-2018 at 06:30 AM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote