View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #235
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 28th, 1986

We are going strong but now the Cardinals are bringing in a hot pitcher, Dave LaPoint (4-0, 2.77).
Luckily the Giants are able to answer with Dennis Eckersley (2-1, 2.77).

I have struggled mightily against LaPoint, going 0 for 13.

I led off the bottom half and made it 0 for 14 as I grounded out to Bruce Bochte at 1st.

I came up again in the 3rd, with one out, and made it 0 for 15 with a strikeout.

In the bottom of the 4th Rob Deer opened the scoring with a nice solo homer.

Giants lead 1-0.

I next came up with two out in the 5th and made it 0 for 16 with a grounder to Terry Pendleton at 3rd.

I made my first defensive play in the 6th, taking a grounder from Vince Coleman for the 1st out.

In the bottom half, Rob did it again! This time he hit a two-run blast!

Giants lead 3-0.

I came up with two out again in the 7th. This time I broke that goose egg as I belted it to deep centre and scampered all the way to 3rd with a triple!
A great play by Oddibe McDowell robbed Ben Oglivie of a hit and stopped me from scoring.

Scott Garrelts relieved for us in the 8th.

He lost the shut out right away as he gave up a lead-off homer to Jose Uribe.

Giants lead 3-1.

Scott also gave up a couple of walks win the 9th, but that was it as he closed out the game for a 3-1 win!

We are now 12-7 and have won six in a row!

I went 1 for 4 with a triple.

The sportswriters are putting us at #6 on the Weekly Power Rankings, once spot below the Dodgers and the 3rd best team in the National League!

It is pretty tight with the Dodgers topping the NL West, the Reds trailing them by one game, and us one game behind the Reds.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote