View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #232
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 25th, 1986

We are in San Diego facing Mark Langston (1-1, 2.79) and the Padres.
The Giants are sending up Bruce Ruffin (1-0, 2.70).

I have gone 1 for 2 vs Langston. No much of a sample size.

I started off the game by making that 2 for 3 as I singled into centre. I easily picked up stolen base #9. I scored on a Ben Oglivie single.

Giants lead 1-0.

I next led off the 3rd by working a four pitch walk. With one out I nabbed stolen base #10 AND 11! I then scored on a Chili Davis sac fly.

Giants lead 2-0.

I made my first defensive play in the 4th and it was a gem, grabbing a liner to rob Ozzie Guillen of a hit.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Robby Thompson on 2nd. I flew out to Tony Gwynn in right. Ben Oglivie came up behind me and doubled home Robby.

Giants lead 3-0.

I handled a Darrell Miller grounder for the 1st out in the bottom half. I then took Carmelo Martinez grounder for the 3rd.

In the 6th not only did Gwynn score on a Guillen sac fly, but Oglivie hurt his hand on the play and had to leave the game. Steve Stanicek took his spot in left. I hope for Ben's sake that he is okay. He has had trouble since signing here.

Giants lead 3-1.

I came up in the 7th with two out and singled through the right side. Stanicek took over where Ben left off an dropped one into the left field bleachers for a two run homer!

Giants lead 5-1.

Frank Williams relieved for us in the bottom half. He had some immediate problems, leading to Miller scoring on a John Kruk sac fly.

Giants lead 5-2.

In the top of the 8th Bob Brenly hit a solo shot!

Giants lead 6-2.

The Padres got it right back as Frank White doubled home Gwynn. Then Kevin McReynolds scored on a Juan Beniquez sac fly.
Mark Davis took over after that, with a double switch that put John Rabb behind the plate.

Giants lead 6-4.

I came up int he 9th with one out and Rabb on 1st. Goose Gossage was now pitching. He struck me out.

Scott Garrelts came it to look for the save. We helped him out with a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to end the game!

Things are looking up, both for the team and for me! I went 2 for 4 with a walk, two runs scored and three stolen bases!

We are up to 9-7!

It turned out after that Ben's hand wasn't so bad. He is nursing a bit of a blister is all.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote