View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #229
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 21st, 1986

The Dodgers are in town and they are pitching Rick Honeycutt (0-0, 2.89).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (0-0, 6.39).

The Dodgers are 11-2 and have yet to lose a game on the road.

I have gone 4 for 14 vs Honeycutt. Better than most pitchers I have faced.

I led off our half by whiffing on a full count changeup.

I got the 2nd out of the 2nd off a bouncer by RJ Reynolds.

The Dodgers kicked off the scoring in the 3rd when Steve Sax tripled, scoring Mariano Duncan. Sax then scored on a Tim Wallach sac fly.

Dodgers lead 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and struck out again.

I got a Sid Bream grounder for the 1st out in the 4th.

In the 5th I came up with two out and Robby Thompson standing on 2nd. I struck out for the third straight time.

Mark Davis relieved for us in the 7th. I got the 2nd out for him off a Duncan grounder. He pitched down and then Nestor turned it over to Jeff Robinson.
We had a rain delay of nearly a half hour during the 8th.
Bream singled home Wallach on the 3rd straight hit given up by Jeff. He got Reynolds to hit into a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to end that streak.

Dodgers lead 3-0.

I led off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Moose Haas. After striking out three times against Honeycutt, that seems a relief. It wasn't. Haas struck me out too.

Then came the 9th. Tom Niedenfuer was pitching for L.A. and we were down by three.
Mike Aldrete and Bob Brenly led off with singles. Kenny Oberkfell grounded out, moving them both into scoring position. Robby Thompson struck out and we were down to the final out. Steve Stanicek pinch hit for Jeff and Niedenfuer pitched around him, giving him 1st. They brought me up. I was honestly surprised that Nestor didn't lift me for a pinch hitter. I had already struck out four times.
I blasted the 2nd pitch into the right field corner.
Aldrete scored.
Brenly scored.
Stanicek scored.
While they were throwing home I trie to go to 3rd but the ball was cut off and I was thrown out, but not before THREE RBI and a tie game!!

Game tied 3-3... extra innings!

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 10th.
I got the last out for him off a Mike Marshall pinch hit groundout.

He pitched two and then Nestor went with Pat Perry for the 12th.
Things went bad there. Marshall hit a two-out, three run homer.

Dodgers lead 6-3.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Alejandro Pena. Platinum sombrero. Strikeout number five.

We couldn't get it back. We lost 6-3.

A 3-run double is good.

FIVE strikeouts is not. The record for strikeouts in an extra-inning game is six.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote