View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #225
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 17th, 1986

Today we are battling it out to see who is really the worst team int he league thus far.

The Padres are pitching Dave Dravecky (0-1, 4.05).
The Giants have Eric King (0-1, 1.80).

I have gone 3 for 13 vs Dravecky.

I led off the home half of the 1st by grounding out to Frank White at 2nd.
We got onto board that frame when Mike Aldrete hit a sac fly to score Kenny Oberkfell.

Giants lead 1-0.

In the 2nd I was the pivot on a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Kevin McReynolds and John Kruk.

In the 2nd Eric King doubled home Robby Thompson. (Is Eric King hitting better than me?!?!)
Then I came up with Eric on 2nd and one out. I hit a little squibbed that I outran for an infield single. Hey, I'll take it! Eric went to 3rd opening up 2nd for me to... get thrown out trying to steal.

Sigh.

Giants lead 2-0.

In the 3rd we continued out trend when Bob Brenly doubled home Child Davis.

Giants lead 3-0.

In the 4th I came up with two out and nobody on. I got a legit single to left!

Benito Santiago threw me out trying to steal again. What is going on?!

We got another double play - this time it was Priske - Thompson - Aldrete, to get Santiago and White.

Despite pitching a shutout, Eric ran out of gas in the 6th and was replaced by Frank Williams on a double switch that also saw Tom O'Malley replace Kenny O.
Frankie took the shutout away from Eric when he balked home Randy Ready - who was inherited.

Giants lead 3-1.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 3rd and O'Malley on 2nd. Ed Wojna was pitching. This was a big chance for me.
I grounded out to Wojna, advancing nobody.

Frankie was lifted for a pinch hitter after that (though we didn't score), so Jeff Robinson came it to pitch in the 7th. He was in top form, striking out the side.

In the home half Robby Thompson singled home Mike Aldrete.

Giants lead 4-1.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th by getting under a McReynolds pop.

I came up that inning with one out, facing Bob Patterson. I flew out to Tony Gwynn in right.

Scott Garrelts came in to close things out in the 9th.
With one out O'Malley muffed a grounder by Juan Beniquez to give the Pads a baserunner. A quick Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play on Santiago took care of that.

The Giants won!

All it took was playing the one team playing worse than us!

I got two hits, which is great. I got thrown out stealing twice, which is terrible.
The defensive side was good.

I a am now hitting all of .086, but when you are in as big a hole as I am, it takes a while to dig out.

We are 3-6.

It looks like we are finally go to see our other big offseason acquisition in action. Ben Oglivie was activated form the D.L. after the game. Mike Jones was sent down.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote