View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #27
FatJack
All Star Reserve

Roy Sievers - Colorization & Custom

I wasn't planning on doing any tribute cards this year. But I'm as fascinated with the Browns as I am with the Pilots. And, if you've noticed, a lot of former Browns have been passing this year.

Found this image at something called The National Pastime Museum. The card design I came up with is a bit derivative of '67 Topps. I've been using logos, rather than team names, the past several years and wanted a different look. As I often do, sadly, I came up with a design that requires considerable space at the top of the image. Thus, I had to "expand" the sky portion. Designing my own templates has given me a greater appreciation of the poor suckers at Topps who are tasked with designing cards (leaving aside recent efforts of theirs that do nothing at all for me). Me, I'll be looking at and working with a photo and come up with a nice design for that image. But I never take into account that the design has to work for lots of different images--not just the one you start with. Oh, well, whatever. Not your problem. The printed card, btw, looks more like the colorization than the somewhat blurry screen capture of it shown here.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
FatJack is offline   Reply With Quote