View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #38
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
sent you a PM.
I responded there as well, but in case others were wondering. Without a minor league, the players on the reserve roster develop just fine. A couple of quotes from the v11 manual which should still apply to version 12.

Quote:
Players on a reserve roster do not generate statistics, since they are not actively playing in any games. However, reserve players do continue to practice, with the result that they will continue to develop skills just as if they were putting up average minor league numbers.
Quote:
Minor league players who get little playing time might not develop as quickly as others. However, major league players and players on a reserve roster develop normally even without playing time.
Because of this development takes place normally and if anything, is a little less random than leagues that have minor league rosters. The only drawback I have found to using reserve rosters is that the Morale system doesn't seem to work well with reserve rosters. Ever player on the reserve roster is unhappy about their team role - this doesn't seem to effect development and rights itself if the player is promoted, so I have ignored and feel the advantages having a reserve list fits nicely in this case where there are already multiple leagues in the same quickstart.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote