View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #28
Safeathome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I, too, would like to know if there is anyway for this to work on a Mac! I would be very interested to use it and hope it can be utilized on a Mac as well.

In response to the above poster that believes this utility is irresponsible and ought to be removed by the mods I would ask the mods to not remove this thread just because the mod was not made for online leagues. Since OOTP is not a game that was made solely for online play, limiting the ability of people to develop and maintain their solo leagues the way they desire (which is what this utility does for solo leagues) should not be taken away.

Regardless of the impact of this utility to online leagues, deleting this thread because "consideration" was not given to online leagues before "developing and releasing it" would be a bad move because then either the OOTP product will be forging the future with a preference towards online gameplay OR it will create a scenario where only mods/utilities that are an advantage (or applicable) to both solo leagues as well as online leagues will be developed or, at least, allowed to be posted.

For example, by the same logic utilized above regarding the "need" to remove this thread - why wouldn't the StatsLab utility have to be removed since it is for online leagues only and one COULD argue (I don't, just pointing out a contrary point) that that utility should be removed because there was no consideration of solo leagues before creating a positive utility that only online leagues could utilize.......the point is that different people have different interests - some are interested more in online leagues while others are more interested in solo leagues.

It seems like Tony M. has answered this issue anyway in a previous post above - I would ask that those that prefer the online gameplay not try and control the solo play as well - if someone in your online leagues uses this utility to their advantage then maybe that is not the person you want in your league - or perhaps better measures should be taken to ensure that they do not have access to the information....OR online leagues could fully embrace it and everyone could be allowed to use it so then it wouldn't be an unfair advantage - and if everyone is using it then it will be harder to gain an "advantage" when everyone is going to be focusing on the same players based upon their talent/scouting....which is what is done anyway in leagues that use scouting with minor variations depending on the scout/budget.

Well, thats my two-cents...hope to hear this can be used on a Mac!
Safeathome is offline   Reply With Quote