Thread: Sound?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
zekester91
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Using this logic . . .

if one-third of OOTPers dislike the scouting system and turn it off, we really should not include it as a feature.

if one-third of OOTPers prefer historical to fictional leagues, we really should get rid of Lahman DB import capabilities.

if one-third of OOTPers run multi-year sims, we really should not devote resources to developing this part of the game.

if one-third of OOTPers turn off financials, we should remove that entirely as an option.

The marvel of OOTP is that it allows users to play the game in so many different ways with an assortment of options. Maybe Markus will allow that part of the game (i.e., audio) to be customized by users, too.

I know many people have expressed interest in having sound return to OOTP as an option. Why begrudge them that option? Other baseball sims include sound without having it create all kinds of hardware-related problems. I'll bet it's doable in OOTP, too.
the diffrents between the above option and sound is that sounds going to make the file size and the programs footprint a lot bigger. If Markus wants to put out two diffrent files, one with sound and one without so that those of us that don't want sound don't have the extra space wasted, I'm all for it.
zekester91 is offline   Reply With Quote