View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 06:56 PM   #14
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I have been working on the OOTP20 historical updates, one of which might be a partial replacement for my database. The spritze db is updated but it has grown too big to be functional in OOTP. I'd need to chop it up to function.

Some portions of it or at least the ideas in it may appear in OOTP20. What parts of it adds to your OOTP enjoyment the most? Maybe that can be added to OOTP20 as well.

It would be great to just make it obsolete because all the fun bits have been added to OOTP.
Hi Spritze,

I am glad to see that you are not totally retired. There are many aspects of the game that I enjoy, but being able to get minor league players for a fictional league might be nice. Maybe if the DB was split up, the import procedure could change to allow options.

I would like to see the ability to import TEAMS sans players into a league and/or also be able to save or edit a file to repeat or evolve a league structure of our choosing.

As I think about it and I recall us touching on this elsewhere, as the DB's have evolved as well as how images are handled, maybe a "known as" category for players name and a hidden "actual name". Of course this would require photos of such being BBref tagged. No more Ken Griffey Sr. in 1970's needed.

I have a question about how the game handles Team ID's and Franchise ID's. Are they limited to 3 Characters? How do they follow a teams history if over the years? Can you convert a fictional Franchise to a Historic one?

I hope some of this made sense. If not, I will try to be more coherent.

Elsewhere I found a historic.obd file. Do we just replace the OOTP one and run as usual?