View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 09:04 PM   #15
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

he has been supposedly quoted as giving the reasons... he didn't like no-name talent hitting 50hr and being stars. it was somethign to that extent -- bitter / angry / insecure

typical pro athlete. what they have isn't confidnece.. .it's over-confidence. not the same thing at all.. closer to the opposite of confidence. it's inevitable when you are sorrounded by what they are likely to be sorrounded by from teends and into adulthood. (you are what your stresses make you, or in this case all the things that add up to grossly inflated sense of entitlement)

bonds could run a bit, but he is not ricky henderson. no one is ricky henderson when it comes to stealing. he's 100's higher than 2nd on that list... multiple hundreds.

heck, with ricky's power he shouldn't have been leadoff either.

griffey, in hindsight, clearly didn't have the work ethic. i think that's the biggest difference between the two, and why i'd go with bonds > griffey too.

initial years of career? griffey all day... but anything upto ~30ish i'd switch back to bonds.

griffey slept between innings. he was as slothful as the atlanta braves guy -- andruw jones. lol, his mother couldn't spell. both should have had better careers if they cared to. extreme talent kept them around, not work.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-25-2018 at 09:06 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote