View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Mitchkenn, if it's not too late in one of your tests, can you look at the Real Stats histories of the 1901 imports and see if any/many have any RL stats for 1901? As I noted above, in my test the minor-leaguers that imported as free agents all seemed to have no stats for 1901 (implying that they may not have played that year, or at least have no stats in the OOTP database)... The only ones who had stats were the 33 who - for some reason - imported directly to either LA or Sacramento. I'm guessing in your league these guys imported as FA's since you probably didn't have LA or Sac in a Mexican League.
yes, i think they do. Luis Bustamante is in game (i'm at Jan 15, 1902) - and he has all his Negro League stats. (i had to change the filter from ML to all leagues for them to appear.) So did Jose Borges and Nate harris. The game just put them in - as i have no color barrier, it should put minor leaguers into FA pool each off-season.

the only thing - anyone from Negro Leagues who initially entered before 1902 doesn't seem to be in game. Those i'd have to import manually i guess.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-29-2017 at 05:29 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote