View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #1
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

How to add a Fictional League with real players to your MLB setup

I was asked if I could explain how I set up my league with minor league teams in the 1900-1920 range as the game does not add any additional leagues until the Federal League and Texas League begin in 1914 and 1919. I have never written a tutorial so hopefully those who would like help with this can follow my instructions. If not, feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer. Finally if you can come up with a better way to do it please share.
Thanks

When you enable minor leagues and start in 1901 or anytime before the Federal League (1914) or Texas League (1919) enter the game there are tons of players sitting in the free agent pool because there is no where for them to play. I found a nice work around was to create a fictional AAA level league or two so there would be teams for many of them to play on.

I talk about it in more detail in my current dynasty which can be found here
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275948

For anyone interested here are the steps I take to do this.

1. From the OOTP18 start screen select NEW CUSTOM GAME. Also be sure to say no to challenge mode.

2: From the Create game screen Enter your game name and starting year. (see Image 1)

3: Choose ADD NEW LEAGUE and select League creation wizard from the drop down. From League creation wizard select "CREATE A FICTIONAL WORLD" (Image 2)

4: From the Fictional League Creation Wizard select your league setup. For a 1901 start there will be about 250 free agents so I would suggest start with just 1 sub league with 8 teams total as I select in IMAGE 3. Click on next step to move to Step 2 out of 5.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Tiger Fan; 03-27-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote