View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #36
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i said it could be a weak factor :P i didn't completely discount it.

it's simple to prove/disprove if you really care or feel it's important to understand. i control important prospects, so it's inconsequential to me how it works. not something i will invest time into.

Someone above said that the higher potential still get starting spots when using current ability? it didn't work like this in the past, but maybe it's been changed since. i used to have to Force start prospects before i realized there was a "current v potential" setting, because i had 60-80 / 80 prospects sitting on the bench in the minors. that never happened after i changed it to "potential". if that really is the case, i'd use "Current" with no qualms..

as far as my previous statement that it will help you "win" more in the minors... that's probably wrong as i tihnk about it more... since all teams would be changing to that style, they should all benefit from having the best current ability players on their team starting. (some may benefit more, but that has nothign to do with the setting and more about distribution - caused by different things not related to clicking potential or current).

----

My mil temas win all the time too... and just fine using potential ability... the biggest factor to that is offering minor league extensions in the offseason. it's actually quite crazy, all i did was start offereing extensions, blindly i might add but more to it now, and my A-ball team started winning .600-.700 every year and the whole system won more as a whole, just not as significant of a bump as at A-ball.

if you want to make the MiL playoffs every single year at all levels, you put a little more time into it and organize positional depth charts to match MiL system (while still handling important prospects as you always do). let the chumps pile up behind each other at each tier... the only players that matter are the ones you like... so extra seasoning at any level for some chump is a good thing for winning.

just a modicum of attention and you will win in the minors. however, the percieve beneifit is being blown out of proportion. i've completely ignored the minors before and players still develop just fine. it is not a very important factor relative to developing talent. it affects a coach's reputation the most, but the coaches influence on players is derived from the coach's ratings, not his reputation (or at least very, very little from reputation).

Last edited by NoOne; 01-06-2017 at 03:54 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote