View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #34
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
The big question here for me, is this: What does the AI base it's promotions and demotions on? Potential or current? I would like to think stats are included as a factor also. So does the AI use stats combined with current and potential, or just current?

If the AI is using current ability to determine what level players are on, that would make a stronger argument for using current ability as a guide. The exception might be rookie and SA ball.

Any other thoughts?

Without a doubt: current ability. the only time potential comes into play is after they are on the roster, it wil then use potential to pick the depth charts only (if the setting is on potential, of course, otherwise it will use current)

i'm nearly 100% certain stats do not play a role - but maybe in a league with hidden rattings they do?? never played that way. i've seen the ai bump with poor stats and good stats, so if their is a correlation it's very weak at best.

it's been a while since i saw this working in action though.. i've recently changed how i handle the minors. i no longer delegate and have reverted to a previous way of doing things.

and just to be clear, the potential vs current setting has nothign to do with how promotions work. it's mutually exclusive. So, don't allow that to influence which choice you use for that setting...

the higher up you go in the minors the less of the need for "potential" to ensure the better players get more playing time, because they are more likely to surpass their peers in current ability around this time... but not always. So, you could probably do current for AAA and not cause too many problems with better prospects' playing time... but it will negatively impact prospects relative to using "potential," nonetheless.

minors are for development... not winning... i mean if you have an urge to use the setting, use it... but if you think about it... current is for MLB-level leagues and/or your highest league in your game world, if below that. potential is for all leagues below that level because their function is to develop players for the "top" league. this isn't rocket science, so don't overthink it.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-06-2017 at 02:38 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote