View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Yes and Yes. You can freeze team rosters so there are no call-ups and you can have them independent where that wouldn't be a problem anyways.
Sounds good, any ideas how I go about that?

For example I swap out 'A' team from the Northwest League, add in a new team etc

What worries me is:

1 - Putting this new team in, would I get a clear roster ie no players at all, or would I just takeover the players from the team ive overwritten?
2 - What contracts would these players have? Would they still be on their original deals tied to the big league club, or would I have full say on what they are paid?
3 - How do the financials work if I do this? Will my team be reliant on our own revenue streams? Can I manage the team contracts based on that? ie pay my own players, using my own terms as such?

I basically want to be Bing Russell Scour the market for the cast offs, those who didnt make it. Sign them to deals that are within the budget I can generate as an Independent team and then play.... and go on from there.

Sounds like its possible but to what extent I really need to know before committing time into getting the game off and running.

Cheers,
bourboncream is offline   Reply With Quote