Thread: Rookies
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
Ginner
Minors (Single A)

Rookies

I originally posted this question in the New to the Game forum but Bluenoser kindly directed me to this forum (I didn't think of posting it here).

I have set-up an historical MLB game (starting in 1940) and changed all the team names to fictional ones (for my British Baseball League) as I, obviously, wanted a fictional league but have all the real-life MLB players involved.

I now have 2 questions.

1. Am I correct in thinking that if I check the box to "Import Historical Rookies to the Free Agent Pool" then all the rookies for a particular year will automatically be placed into free agency and any team can then obtain that player?

2. At some point in the future of my league I want to introduce colleges (or some sort of feeder league, anyway)...but what I don't want is for computer generated players to be generated for that league and then find their way into my major leagues (i want to keep it to real-life MLB players only). If possible, I'd like to see the rookies play for the feeder teams? Does this make sense and, if so, is there anyway for this to happen?
Ginner is offline   Reply With Quote