Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #50
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Just for clarity and to avoid any further reports: I've reported the incorrect format for the quarter finals of the EIHL playoffs (in game it is currently a best of 3 series). Having taken a closer look, I've found quite a number of issues:

1) Qualification is incorrect (it should be the top 8 of the overall league standings).
2) Quarter final seedings are incorrect.
3) Quarter final format is incorrect (it should be a 2 game series with the scores aggregated. Also, the games should take place on the Sat and Sun after the end of the regular season).
4) Semi final seedings are incorrect.
5) The semis and final are taking place on the wrong dates (they should be on the Sat and Sun after the quarters).
6) The match reports for the semis and final note the Location as being the city of the "home" team. This should be listed as Nottingham because the games take place at the NIC.

Three notes about the EIHL standings and playoffs:

A) I haven't explained the full playoff structure to the devs because I think it is far too ambitious to expect it to be implemented into the game (I have quoted the full rules below). My recommendation is a little simpler in that we just take the top 8 from the league standings. I think this is close enough for the time being.

B) The conference standings in game are incorrect, but I can't imagine the devs having the time to spare on something that is probably unique to the EIHL. You will see in game that the conference standings are based on the full 52 games whereas in real life they're based solely on the intra-conference games. So I haven't logged this as a suggestion (I will when I find a spare 5 minutes - but as the lowest priority).

C) I have mentioned to the devs that there is now a 3rd/4th place playoff on the same day as the playoff final. I can't imagine this being something added to the game any time soon. As with (B) above, this is something unique to the EIHL. On a personal note, I'm really glad the league has added this game to the schedule. Although the teams have nothing to play for, it is really difficult to find something to kill time in Nottingham until the evening final game (there's little to do in Nottingham on a Sunday)!!!

================================================== =============================

One final thing: I've reported the fact that the EPIHL doesn't have any playoffs in game. I thought perhaps this had been because I hadn't posted details of the structure for the devs. However on checking, I can see I did this last year. So I've reported it as a bug.
I don't think they're that hard to understand the playoffs. Top two teams in each conference are the top 2 seeds and basically 1v8, 2v7, 3v6 & 4v5. Also will the Challenge Cup be implemented?