View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
PLAYER NAME's Latest Rant Draws League Attention

Though an official League response has yet to come, sources indicated today that they will likely suspend PLAYER NAME for inflammatory comments and derogatory slurs made in his post-game interview with reporters.

Sources from inside the League office suggest PLAYER NAME could be out for as many as ten games as the commissioner seeks to make an example.

PLAYER NAME appeared to become increasingly agitated inside the dugout during the final innings of yesterday's game, at one point exchanging words with fans seated near the dugout, before boiling over in the post-game press conference.

"Look, it's tough to concentrate on baseball when your wife is getting harassed by a bunch of idiots up in the stands. A bunch of [racist slur] were dumping beer all over her all night, and the [homophobic slur] who work in this dump of a stadium never did anything to stop it."

The crowd of reporters sat stunned, waiting for more. PLAYER NAME glared out at the cameras, and continued.

"Stupid [derogatory slur for immigrants] dumping out beer that cost half their salary," PLAYER NAME laughed. "Typical of this crappy city."

Teammates were quick to condemn PLAYER NAME's derogatory language, but said he had every right to be angry.

"Can't say that [type of thing]. Just can't," said TEAMMATE. "But when fans go disrespecting family? And security could give a [care]? I'd be angry, too."

When reached for a response to his rumored suspension, PLAYER NAME offered a terse apology, tempered with defiance.

"I'm sorry I lost my cool, and sorry if anyone was offended by what I said," said PLAYER NAME at his suburban home outside of TEAM CITY. "We live in a world where grown men rely on umpteen flitting managers and stylists and representatives to scrub their image, clean up their language, and build an easy-sell, PC-friendly package."

I don't fit that package."

EFFECTS

Player suspended for seven to ten games
Player's national popularity decreases greatly
Player's local popularity decreases slightly
Player's teammates slight decrease in happiness
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote