View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Can winning become boring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51483378

Last night my favourite sports team Glasgow Celtic Football Club opened a 10 point gap between them and their nearest rivals, Rangers do have a game in hand and they also have to play each other, even if Rangers win both of those games it's still a 4 point margin which the way both teams are playing specially Celtic is a big margin.

Also in Scotland teams play not only for the league title but also the FA Cup and League Cup, Celtic so far have won all of them for the past 3 years and look like they will do it this season.

With none of the big four American sports having multiple trophies nearest I can think what it would be like is say Detroit Tigers winning the next four World Series and their players winning the Cy Young, MVP and Rookie of the Year awards, oh by the way this will be Celtics 9th league title in a row.

Anyway last night as Celtic were winning and Rangers losing so unless a miracle strikes to stop Celtic winning I actually felt boredom, dont get me wrong I dont want them to lose or maybe I did last night just to keep it close but I'm actually starting to feel bored with them winning everything all the time.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote