Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 04:23 AM   #78
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
The Raiders had no choice. If they suspend him the situation would not improve. If they dont they lose all that money and allow AB to engage in even worse behavior. He signed the contract to play and abide by the rules that the other 52 players did. Do you think he should not be fined for missing practice and then calling his GM a racial slur and threatening him? Do you condone that behavior and blame the team?
No. He should be fined. To be honest, I'm not sure what could be done about this situation. In hindsight it's pretty clear he didn't want to play for the Raiders. But the Steelers didn't want to trade him to the Patriots. So he signs with the Raiders and does everything in his power to get kicked off.

I think he should be fined and not get a penny from the Raiders. Also give back any money he may have been already given. Beyond that, what else would you like to see done?

You could say AB shouldn't have signed. But what choice does he have if he's under contract with the Steelers? He can't say I don't want to sign with a crap team. What he did was his only path to the Patriots. He lost a lot of money doing it, so it's not like this is going to become a problem.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote