Thread: All But Over
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
bluebeetle
Bat Boy

All But Over

Hello,

This project is dead. Right? For understandable reasons, this project has been delayed several times. There is a saying in the restaurant world. "If you make 10 mistakes tonight, 9 of them will be on the same table."

This seems to be one of those cursed projects. Let's take stock of what we know:

1. The initial Lead has a serious health issue.
2. After a delay, a new Lead is found.
3. The new lead makes the assessment that serious course changes are required.
4. The new Lead has a familial situation that causes him to step back.
5. There has been no communication since January. (?)

Nobody is at fault here, just bad luck.

Seems to me like this project is dead, even if the OOTP guys don't want to admit it yet. It's a small company and the organizational energy just isn't behind it anymore.

The silence is deafening.

My advice: Just tell your fans it's dead until further notice. That is the respectful thing to do for us. At this point, we are in a vicious cycle of expectation and anticipation will kill the actual joy of the actual product.
I would simply have a post telling us what suspect is the truth: We don't have the people and energy to give to this project. Then you lock down the forums so the rumor and resentment mill doesn't build.

Whenever you get the ability to tackle this project again, just come out with new name and logo and everyone will cheer. Open up the old forums and everyone will rejoice.

If you don't do anything and let this just hang; eventually the anticipation will turn to resentment. People will think you don't respect your customers. (Even if it's not true.)

My advice: Please level with your fanbase. We can handle it. Just stop leaving us in the dark.

Am I crazy here? Does anyone else feel this way?