Thread: Historic Draft
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBeach View Post
Hey!

So, I'm quite new here to the Forum. This is my first post, but I've logged 100+ hours on both FHM 3 and FHM 4. I hope to be an active part of the community in years to come!

Sadly, I didn't create an account to the Forum just because everything is all sunshine and rainbows. I'm having an issue in a timeline starting in the 2010-11 season as the Detroit Red Wings. Most things are fine, but the draft class is very limited. In my most recent season, 2016-17, the draft class was a large 10. I didn't catch that because I really don't play around with the scouting much. By that time, there was seemingly no value in my first round pick, and thus, was a waste (especially given earlier in the year I traded to get more picks in the draft). And the draft pool keeps getting smaller each year, making it much harder for me to fill out a roster and a development program.

I can upload the game file and post screenshots if necessary, but I'm just interested to know if it's an issue others have had/if there's a resolution. There's no "new notable players in the league", so will that mean next year there'll be nobody in the draft?

Thanks in advance!
The way how the game works right now is only players who ended up playing at least 1 game in the NHL are available to be drafted. This means when you get to newer seasons it will be limited, however the draft will open up again with fictional players I believe once you pass real life.

Jeff has been combing through and slowly adding players who were drafted now, and eventually I think we'd like to add as many players as possible, but it's going to take some time.

What you've just run in to is just one of the catch-22's with the mode.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote