View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #25
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Any league started in 1871 is going to need to watch injury , rotation, and roster sizes. Its the same as starting a league in 2016 with 2 man rotation, low injuries and expecting results to be the same as the real thing.

Imo if they just changed the league abbreviations from NA to NL and the AA to AL for the teams, batting, pitching and of like we did with the csv files the players would import to their correct teams.
The Players League and Union Association could be manually moved or
eliminated.
What would work better is if Markus added the NA, AA, UA, PL, and FL
league abbreviations to expansion and rookie imports. Not sure why those have never been added and we have been limited to the AL and NL. I know that in previous versions that's all you needed in order to get teams and rookies to import correctly.

From there we could work on a transaction file to match it. Checking for when teams folded and when players played their last game for a team.
I was able to make a transaction list and found it matched up fairly well. There were a few times the roster crash showed up but i think lowering injuries or keeping a player longer might improve that.

I had to use human managers but that was only because i had to make roster moves manually.
I look at it this way. If the real leagues were able to do it then ootp should be able to do it as well since it is only copying what was done in real life.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote