View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #24
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I am looking for easy improvements that could be made in OOTP19 to allow out-of-the-box 19th century play to be more realistic and also be useful for new users.

One of the reasons this mode gets no love for years at a time is that very few gamers find it fun to manually change all the options or to invent workarounds so most don't play it and this keeps the number of users low which leads back to the beginning of this sentence.

When the minors was constructed for OOTP17 all-star games were disabled by default and playoffs consist of the first and second place teams by default. This sort of stuff could be added to the 19th century as well? Real team names look doable as well.

In the tests using real team names expansion worked well.

Injuries need to default to off 1871-1875?

A few simple changes might garner this mode more users which might in turn generate more interest in investing some developer time in making this mode even better which might generate more users and so on.
I agree with making it easier for new players but why take away things for players that have been working to improve it?
What i mean is that in previous versions you could edit the csv files and get the real teams and rookies to show up. Now you cant.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote