View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I just finished the 1994 regular season. I still have only two divisions in each league. Indians won the AL East with 103 wins, Royals were a surprise winner in the AL West by a game over the White Sox. The two NL expansion teams I created back in '86, Buffalo and Indianapolis, won their divisions like they have every year since 1989.

The Expos started horribly, worst record in baseball over the first two months, but rebounded to finish second behind Buffalo in the NL East, with a 84-78 record. The Braves finished second behind Indy in the NL West, with 104 wins.

Cleveland made short work of the Royals in the ALCS, winning in five. Indianapolis beat Buffalo in six games in the NLCS. World Series in currently tied at one game apiece.

Without Buffalo and Indy in the equation...I'm guessing the Braves would have won the NLCS over the Expos. They were great all year, while the Expos were lousy in the first half. Montreal's hot second half might have carried them to the NL crown, though, especially if the 1990's Braves legendary playoff choking abilities translated to OOTP.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote