View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #19
illeracula
Hall Of Famer

Week 8

Current Week: 3-4 (overall 21-24 5.5 GB 4th place)
Next Week: 3 @ Lewes, 3 @ Milton
Power Ranking: 13
Fan Interest: 52
Owners Mood: Normal

Game 46
Norfolk 13, Ellicott City 4
A 9-run 2nd is all Don Sweetapple needed to cruise to his 8th win (8-1). As he went 7 strong, giving up 7 hits and 4 runs. Brian Cline hit a grand slam (11) and Jose Rodriquez added 2-HR's of his own (5).

Game 47
Norfolk 5, Ellicott City 14
Carlos Mateo (2-5) gave up 6 runs over 5.1 innings and the bullpen didn't do much better, allowing 8 runs (6 ER) over the final 2.2 innings. Jesus Rivera (3) and Patrick Shelton (5) hit HR's for the Cav's. 5 Cav players had 2 hits a piece.

Transactions:
The Norfolk Cavaliers traded away Luis Marquez for Allen Britt. Marquez who has played sparingly for the Cavaliers, is a 32-year-old outfielder who can play solid defense. Marquez was hitting .136, with 1 HR and 6 RBI, in 20 games for the Cav's. Britt is a 24 year-old 2* prospect with some speed who can play the corner outfield spots. On the season he was hitting .295 with 2 HR and 18 RBI in 37 games. Hopefully getting Britt will add a little more punch to the offense, he is rated higher than Marquez so I see this as a positive move.

Game 48
Norfolk 2, Ellicott City 6
Karl Armstrong (3-4) was let down by his defense, giving up 6 runs (4 ER) over 6.1 innings, on 9 hits. Juan Rivera and Ralph Pierce each had 2 hits, and Jose Rodriquez had a 2-run HR (6).

Game 49
Norfolk 2, Annapolis 1
Scott Smith took the ND, throwing 6.1 solid innings, giving up 1 run on 4 hits. Dalton Whitaker got the win (2-0) and Jack Clow the save (12), as the bullpen remained solid. Ralph Pierce and Juan Rivera each had 2 hits for the Cavs.

Game 50
Norfolk 4, Annapolis 5 (10 innings)
Tsueno Sato threw a quality 6.1 innings, allowing 4 runs (3 ER) on 9 hits, but the offense couldn't help him out. As Jack Clow took the loss (1-5) in the 10th. Patrick Shelton had 3 hits to lead the Cav's Offense.

Game 51
Norfolk 6, Annapolis 1
Don Sweetapple threw his first complete game, going 9 innings, allowing 1 run on 5 hits (9-1). Patrick Shelton lead the way with 3 hits and 2 RBI.

Game 52
Norfolk 0, Annapolis 12
Carlos Mateo got roughed up once again (2-6) taking another loss, giving up 9 runs on 8 hits. Norfolk's offense remained inconsistent as they could only manage 2 hits off the Annapolis staff.

Notes:
I have tried to shop Carlos Mateo around a few times, but there are no takers. My scout has him rated pretty highly, so I am still hoping he can turn it aroun. Stuff: 13/13, Movement: 13/13, Control 16/16, with 3 13+ pitches and a weak changeup. At 25 he has no option years left or I would send him to AAA to try to get out of this funk.

Right now I am going to stay-put and see what these guys can do over the course of the season. We will see what happens as the deadline appears, we have 2 MR's who may have some value as the deadline nears.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Fred Bishop (Wilmington Iron Pigs) 14-31 2 HR, 4 RBI
MarVa: Roberto Perez (Baltimore Barons) 8-22 4 HR, 8 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Washington Senators
2) Annapolis Admirals
3) Newark Millers
4) Wilmington Iron Pigs
5) Ocean City Tourists
13) Norfolk Cavaliers

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote