View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #11
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
I got a question on this new setup possibility on expansion drafts.

I have been playing in FHM5 up to now and started in the now defunced WHA as a history-save. I haven't reached the date they folded and there was a major expansion set to have some of the teams joining NHL.
My concern before was that I really didn't like the harsh rules that was the real setup. Just a couple of goalie and some players was to be protected by WHA teams. It was like XMas for NHL teams just picking so many top players. I see my WHA team gutted

I had in mind permitting a few more protected players but hasn't seen any way of doing this earlier.

Is there a way to set this up in FHM6 and this latest patch ?
Could I even do it in ongoing save ?
I understand one has to be on 1 July when moving the save to FHM6, so do I need to make that move 1 year before the WHA-NHL merger ?
If this merger is hardcoded in FHM5 it might take place before 1 July 1979, as it did in history. So that's why I ask if I should do the FHM5 to FHM6 move the year before.
No, unfortunately I don't believe you can do that. The WHA Merger/destruction was a really weird time for the NHL and the teams coming in. The ultimate teardown of all the WHA teams was a big jumbled mess and honestly just thinking about it, how you could safely do it yourself, short of just back-assigning players to teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus70 View Post
Like it is said in the update post : The big addition in this update, user-configurable Expansion Drafts, was originally planned for the pre-Christmas update, but it was finished early, so here it is. We'll probably still refine it a bit in that update, tentatively planned the week before Christmas, but getting it done ahead of schedule should let us fit a few more new things into that one.

So maybe it will be preferable to wait until the end of the month before migrating your league. They will still refine it a bit.
I think you're fine to do it now. I did a video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxACrnQuvTE - if you wanted more clarity. One of the "little" things for instance - is better sorting. In the end, totally your call.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote