View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #57
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I never bought any diamond packs either, those all came from collections. Really, collections are the way you generate a lot of PP as a FTP player, not achievements. Achievements help and especially they help initially, but if you're not using collections to teambuild, you're just throwing good players and opportunities for PP down the drain. I think the classic examples are Lenny Dykstra and Eddie Plank. You can get both of those ~20-25k cards for about half price, and with it comes a whole pile of competitive live cards from the As and Phillies. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Well, I have about 15K in PP now, and nothing else to do with my team stuck in middle of the pack PL purgatory, so I'll give it a try.

I was always a bit too interested in trying to get better players to buy a lot of players I couldn't use, and the collections often seemed a bit hard to complete in that I looked and they always seemed to have a card that was way expensive locking it. I suppose that was a leap I wasn't willing to take. I believed you could just build a good team by buying wisely and cheaply and promoting. Really cool that you were able to complete so many missions in just 7 weeks.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote