View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 08:33 PM   #76
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
The problem is that the switch between two seasons is on July 1st, thats the date we can add a new team. The draft is already in June. So we would either need to move the draft to July or move the season switch somehow. Both is not a simple task. We will tackle it someday (as I agree that it counts as a core part of the game) but other, more important stuff, is ahead of it at the moment on our todo list.
I would suggest just moving the end of the league year from the last day of June to the day after the Stanley Cup Final is over. Maybe it's just me but on a personal level I basically consider the end of the season in any sport to be as soon as the championship game or final playoff series is over and consider everything that happens afterward to be part of the new league year.

Using this past 2016-17 season as an example: the 2017 Stanley Cup Final ended on June 11th.....the season (and league year, in my opinion) are over. On future versions of FHM we could expand the day or two after the Final is over then that way we can have an expansion draft a few days prior to the NHL Entry Draft in which a new expansion team can also take part in. And that's what happened....Final was over on June 11th, expansion draft took place on June 18-20 (obviously only one day needed for FHM) and then the NHL Entry Draft took place on June 23-24 (again, only one day needed for FHM) before rolling onto free agency on July 1st.

Just my two cents....admittedly I'm not a programmer so I don't know how easily this would be to implement...but that would be my solution.
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote