View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #158
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuse View Post
Of course there will always be debate on whether or not the changes in new yearly versions of these games have impact or are even improvements at all. That is not REALLY what my post was about. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. They are UPDATES, expansions at best, and should be priced accordingly.
Even if that's all they are, given the huge number of hours of fascinated entertainment I get from each version of FM (or each version of OOTP, for that matter), each year's upgrades are well worth it to me. I think of them like an annual subscription fee: I pay an annual fee, and the design team updates the game for me, fixes some bugs, and adds some new features, and then throws in a new roster set. Seems quite fair to me. What's my entertainment cost over a year here? Ten cents an hour?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote