View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #143
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuse View Post
Grab a copy of FM2009, grab a copy of FM2014, play them both - you will see the engine show a couple of player animations more in the newer version. Does it really have any effect on your enjoyment of the game? Nope, not one bit. And that's FIVE years right there.

*edit* In fact, the only reason I bought OOTP is because I'm tired of paying for essentially the same game over and over. It's like paying £35/year for a patch.
Glad you bought OOTP, you'll enjoy it.

I completely disagree with you, both on the match engine and on other changes to FM in the last five years. I've played FM/CM every year since 1998 or so. I'm constantly amazed at how much better the game is each year. That's even in spite of the fact that I'm generally tough to impress myself. I've given up on most sports games for just the reasons you're describing, no real changes year to year and little overall improvement. In my opinion, FM (and OOTP too) is one of the pitifully few sports games that somehow manages to find a way to substantially improve every year, and not keep putting out £35 yearly patches.

You clearly have your own opinion on that, which is fine.

Still, it appears that your opinion is very much a fringe viewpoint and seems less than accurate while you're presenting it as an incontrovertible fact.

I'm going to be honest here, if FM's yearly change list doesn't impress you, OOTP's won't either. Nor will that of pretty much any other game that has a new version released more regularly than once every five years.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote