View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 10:39 PM   #872
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Being following you quietly since you posted that pitcher with low movement Love the Dinasty threads but is annoying when suddenly stop. Seems that it won't happen with u though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Yeah, I'm pretty committed to this one long term.
And will be moving it over to 20 soon and then will start a new thread in the subfolder for 20 once that gets rolling.
The low movement guy is Harry Lyerly and likely he will be the namesake for the new thread as Ruben "Streak" Souffront has likely played his last season as a Brewer. Which makes me sad but I'm hoping that Ruben can revive his career elsewhere, just without doing too much damage to us.

Lyerly, by the way, did give up a lot of homeruns this year, but still managed to have a fine season, going 14-6 and having the exact same ERA he had in his 1970 Pitcher of the Year season: 2.44. He missed about a month of the season (well, a bit more counting a rehab stint at AAA) so he only got 25 starts. Although he allowed 28 homers in those 25 starts, his WHIP (1.06) and batting average against (.221) were so good that the majority of them were solo shots.
At age 23, Lyerly now has a big league career record of 40-18 with a 2.58 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, and WAR of 12.7. Not a bad start for the kid with the poor movement rating.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote